.Net 4.0 should be installed and configured on the CRM app pool
If you are using HTTPS/SSL you must have a valid certificate.
You MUST have HTTPS/SSL with a valid cert for the Office365 integration
Sage CRM versions 7.2, 7.3, 2017R1/R2/R3 and 2018R1/R2/R3 supported.
To configure Sage CRM native Web Services do the following:
- Select "Administration"
- Select "System"
- Select "Web Services"
- Click "Change" to put the screen in edit mode.
- Set the screen up as follows:
- Maximum number of records to return:100 (Actually we would recommend this be less than 10 for any install using CRM's native web-services)
- Maximum size of request:1000000
- Make WSDL Available to all: Yes
- Enable web services:Yes
- Dropdown fields as strings in WSDL file:Yes
- Send and return all dates and times in universal time:No
- Accept web request from IP Address:
- Force webservice log on:Yes
Note that we changed the 2 fields from the default:
1. Make WSDL Available to all = Yes
2. Force Webservice log on = Yes
- Click Save to update the system configuration.
Here we will show how to enable a Sage CRM user to have "Web Service Access". This is done via the user admin section in Sage CRM.
- Click on "Administration"
- Click on "Users"
- Search for the user that you wish to allow access to and view that user.
- Click "Change"
- When in edit mode scroll down to the security tab
and change the "Allow Web Service Access" to "True"
- Click "Save" to update the users information.
Under the CRM registry, check if there is a registry string for ‘IPAddressChecking’ and check if it’s set to ‘Y’ [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\eWare\Config\/<CRM Install Name>] - set to 'N' if you want it disabled.